Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
On Our Site

Site  This Folder

Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I must file an application with the Zoning Board of Appeals?
Usually, when an applicant applies for a building permit through the Building/Zoning Office, the building/zoning inspector will determine whether or not a project will require approval by the ZBA. In other instances, applicants who are familiar with the town's Zoning By-law, will approach the Zoning Board directly.

How do I obtain a copy of the Zoning By-law?
A complete copy of Tisbury's Zoning By-law can be obtained from the Tisbury Printer on Lagoon Pond Road in Vineyard Haven. If you only require copies of a few specific pages, anyone in the Building/Zoning Office, Zoning Board of Appeals or Planning Board can do this for you.

When is my hearing and will I have to attend?
After you file your application, the Zoning Board has 65 days in which to open a hearing, but many times a hearing will be scheduled approximately 30 days after the date of filing depending upon the number of applications submitted. Once your hearing is scheduled, either you, your lawyer, representative or agent must attend the hearing in order to present your case.

For additional assistance, we suggest that you call, fax, or email the ZBA Office.
Telephone: (508) 696-4260
Fax: (508) 696-7341

Tisbury Town Seal
Town of Tisbury  51 Spring St., P.O. Box 1239, Vineyard Haven, MA 02568  Phone (508) 696-4200
Important Numbers and Hours      Terms & Conditions
Virtual Towns & Schools Website